what is your thoughts on abortions

My sister in law already has a 6yr old girl but has recently broken off the relationship with the father now she has a new bf and even tho they have not been together long she is now about 8-9week pregnant with his child. He says they are not ready for a baby and he is adament that she gets an abortion, yet she doesnt want to give up the baby and then she just told me that she is going to have to get rid of it because she has no choice bullshit. She is asking for my advice but i am completely against abortions and can only tell her not to do it especially if it is out of fear of losing a man (which i think is pathetic) she lives in Europe and i along with the rest of her family live in Canada and all i could say was to have the baby and move here where she will get all the support in the world or just have the baby and give it to me i dont no what to say to her to convince her not to go through with the abortion.

Ta2Mama

Asked by Ta2Mama at 5:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Health

• i understand that it is her choice but it bothers me extremely that she doesnt want to have the abortion and feels she has to because of this guy. What can i say to her
    Ta2Mama

Answer by Ta2Mama at 5:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My thoughts on abortion don't really enter into it --it's not my body.

But, if I were to ask your sister a question (and not even want an answer, just a point for her to ponder) it would be:

'If this guy dies or leaves, or you leave him in the next 4 months... how will you feel about this decision?'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Agree with PP..this man may not be around forever but her decision will be. I am pro-choice but I think abortion is the wrong choice for her. Women who have no problems making their decision for an abortion can come to regret it, I think this will have a huge negative impact on her emotional.  How this man could suggest it after she has voiced her desire speaks of his shitty character.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• She admitted that she would probably be haunted for the rest of her life if she goes through with it.
    So she already has regret b4 anything has been done which i think is wrong.
    She is already a single mother now so having another fatherless child really shouldnt make the difference but he does sound like the type of man that will walk away if she says she;s having the baby and im trying to make her see the light that what kind of man that supposidly loves her can ask her to kill her child for him, im sorry nothing is worth my childs life and wish she would see that.
    i think if he leaves who cares and if he stays then he is one of those rare men that are upstanding and know there responsibilities now in life.
    I see it as relationships and partners come and go in your life but your children are always there with unconditional love for their parents.
    Ta2Mama

Answer by Ta2Mama at 5:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i agree i think doing something as drastic as this can have a complete turn around negative effect on womens lives and the fact that she already has a young girl how will that ipact her life when her moms goes nuts you know
    Ta2Mama

Answer by Ta2Mama at 6:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i really have no problems with abortions that are done early, but i think that her being forced to have an abortion is pretty shitty & might fuck her up mentally. however, if she kept the baby, and lost the father, she might end up resenting the baby. in the end, its her decision. but i dont think she would be "sinning" or "murdering" a baby by getting an abortion.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I think he wants her to get an abortion because he doesn't plan on sticking around regardless.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Well you're not going to like my answer but to keep having kids with diff men an no marriage intended is not going to be a healthy lifestyle for the child. I am not against abortion but I never would use it as birth control either.
    Anonymous

• I am very pro-choice, but it has to be HER CHOICE. I think if anyone feels pressured into an abortion or is unsure, she should not do it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• sounds to me like she somewhat agrees with the decision or she would put up a huff and not do it, i'm pro choice. maybe SHE'S blaming the guy for her REAL decision.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2010