14 month old boy bedroom ideas

we have moved into a house and are not sure how to decorate our little boys bedroom... i have thought of cars, dinosours, clouds and things like that and would like some more ideas before we settle... do you have any suggestions? it would help a lot we have never done this before as he is our first child...

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say do what he likes. That is what we have done for our girls. With my first we painted sky with clouds. Then we had the wall tattoos were butterflys. She has outgrown that. We know have ceiling the same. she loves that but we have circles on her wall. With our second we did the night sky on teh ceiling. she has flowers on her wall with fairy's. Good luck and have lots of fun.
    Anonymous

• I had a tough time deciding on a theme when I was expecting my first boy. I decided to go with red and kakhi. Black accents. I like antique stuff so I made some art collages to go in his room. You could try to walk around Target or a furniture store and let some art inspire your theme. GL I love to decorate!

google art.com
    search......Danny O and click on "children"....he is vintage. He cuts up old comic books to make his collages. I made a firetruck.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• There are now some really great decals that don't hurt walls/previous paint etc...we used those for our kids and they were not expensive at all. I like it that it's easy to change themes when/if the child's tastes change...have fun!
    Anonymous

• he is so young...i like your dinosaur idea...it seems like he could really grow into that theme too!
    have fun with it! just keep the carpet pretty neutral, so it is easy to change as he grows!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2010