how old should our son be before we try to have another baby?

we have a son who is 14 months old and are thinking about having one more but are unsure of what age differnce will do....do you have more than one child? how far apart are they? do you think it is better to have them close together or farther apart like 2 years or4 years apart?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 6:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Age difference honestly makes little difference: It's the PARENTING. My husband and his sibs were 18 months apart and hated each other. My brother and I were 22 months apart and got along fine, despite my occasional attempts to get my parents to send him back. The closest sibs I've ever known were a decade apart.

But it's the PARENTING that makes all the difference in the world.

Better question for you is what you feel you can handle.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i only have one child so far, but i think 2 years is a perfect age difference.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• All of ours are 3 years apart. I love it. They are old enough to help out when the next one comes.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 6:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Only you and your hubby can make that dission.
    Anonymous

• According to the World Health Organization you should wait at least 3 years.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It really depends on what you want. My oldest and middle are 20 months apart. My middle and youngest are 5.5 years apart. I would have chosen about 2.5-3 yrs but nature did what it wanted to do. Ya gotta take that into consideration as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It really depends on the kids themselves. My first two are 15 months apart and then the 3rd came 13 months later. That was 3 kids under 3. They are 9, 8 and 7 now and get along pretty good. They are all friends and hang out together and have a lot of the same friends outside of the family (they all went over to one house to play yesterday with their 2 friends).
    Then there is 3 1/2 years between #3 and #4. She gets along with all her siblings but is closest with the middle one (who is the only boy and now 8 years old, he's 4 1/2 years older then her).
    None of our kids were planned. They just happened and I like the age gaps.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I only have one child but my brother and I are about 9 and a half years apart and we are really close. A friend of mine and her sister are only about 2 years apart and hated each other but I don't think age really matters.
    sophiasmommy212

Answer by sophiasmommy212 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• That depends on YOU. For me, I wanted a fully potty trained, more independent child before having another one. I won't do 2 kids in diapers, strollers, and 100% dependence. I have mine 4 years apart.
    Anonymous

• That is all up to you and the father. Some people are ready right away, and some need a few years. That's really something you should discuss with your DH/SO.

My daughter is 13 mos old, and when she was 2 months old, we started TTC right away, because we loved her so much and wanted another, but now I am actually glad that it never happened because we're divorcing now.
    Anonymous