What can I use to lessen the dryness on my face?

I have noticed that lately my face feels a lot more dry and has been breaking out. What can I use to take away the dryness but without making my face oily? Also, I would like something that adds some dewyness to my face. :)

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• neutrogena oil free mostrurizer is what i use
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• take fish oil and or udos oil. look at the ingredients of your cleansers and lotions...they probably all have alcohol (even the moistureizers) and they all probably have petroleum products. be sure to drink lots of water, at least 2 liters a day, more if you drink caffeine or work out. burts bees are pretty good natural products.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Possibly a Microdermabrasion set to be honest... women who are more prone to dry skin have to take extra steps to take care of it! Same goes with women who have more oily skin. www.marykay.com/Lhunt8 (I offer 10% off to customers who mention CM!) If you want more alternatives please PM me, I would be happy to help, even if it has to deal with another brand! I have tried a lot :)
    lhunt8

Answer by lhunt8 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I use the Aveda hydrating mask at night. I just leave it on. I also exfoiliate with a clarisonic faces brush once a week. That has helped a ton with the flakyness and dryness. Also don't forget to drink tons of water.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You need to use a moisturizer w/ sunscreen for the day and one w/o at nite. c-theavonlady.com is my website I'll be happy to help you pick one. Also make sure you are drinking enough water. Avoid sun and smoking because they both dry the skin. What ever moisturizer you choose put in on while your skin is damp, it will help keep the water on your skin. Aloe vera gel may help. Primrose oil is good to take as a supplement. Also kelp because it will supplies minerals to the skin.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• A nice facial.. the Cures line is fantastic for all different faces.. just be sure to get a formula that is fitting to you. To treat acne you have to find the underlying cause before treating it, otherwise what works for others won't necessarily work for you. Many things can cause acne, change in diet, stress, or a lot of other medical issues. Talk to your doctor about your health and try treating any underlying medical issue, and that will help clear up a lot of the acne.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• if your skin is dry.. drink more water.. to rehydrate your cells.
    xxhazeldovexx

• it might sound weird, but i wash my face with coconut oil, it keeps it well moisturized, and it gives my skin a nice glow.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Look at what products you are currently using. They may be too cleansing and striping your skin of essential oils. It is also winter, so make sure you are following good winter skin care, i.e. shorter, more lukewarm showers with moisturizing products. Exfoliate less and moisturize more. If you have central heating, a humidifier will make a huge difference at work or home. Product wise, I now use skinplicityskin moisturizer that I am loving. I wouldn't worry too much about over moisturizing and thus producing oily skin, dry skin actually tries to correct itself by becoming oilier so more moisture will likely reduce oil production.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2010