How many days should I lift weights?

Should I do some every day? Or 3-4 days a week? What is the best to do. I'm doing cardio every day, but want to lift weights too.

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 6:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It is best to do it EVERY OTHER day. To build muscle effectively, you have to have at least one day of rest in between strengthening exercises. Cardio should be done every day-so GOOD JOB!
    Anonymous

• Cycle through your muscle systems. You can lift every day BUT you have to use a different muscle group each time. Like arms and and back one day, legs the next, chest and shoulders the next. Abs are the only group you can do daily.

48 hours is a good rest period for weights. So if you divide your muscles into 3 groups and do the rotation then you are always rested when it comes time to do them again.

Remember to drink plenty of water to prevent soreness!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I would recommend 3 times a week.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• You can do abs every day? Really? Okay! *goes to do more crunches*
    Anonymous