Can anyone recommend a good book on reproduction for a younger child.

Can anyone recommend a good book on reproduction for a younger child. My daughter is asking questions because of a new baby on the way. I want to give her the facts without overwhelming her. I had a book that I explained with for her brother when she was on the way, but I don't know what I did with it. It had drawn characters and explained all aspects of reproduction without making him feel like it was "yucky" (his word) or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you can go to your local library and ask the librarian.
    Anonymous

• My grandmother gave me an old set of World Book Encyclopedias that included the human body with overlaying muscular, skeletal, digestive, reproductive and nervous systems on clear, translucent paper. But I couldn't find it when I needed it, lol, so I had to use the internet. Just google for male/female reproductive systems and usually you can find an image with both for comparison so that children understand how girls and boys are different but that how we're all the same too.
    Comfy

Answer by Comfy at 3:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I know my son loves any of the body boooks and they ahve the reproduction section. I think it depends on what you want to teach when I was PG with DD I would show my son the pictures of of the PG people in the books about pregancy, these showed the baby in the belly and it growing and when would be happening at that point.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2010