does anyone know if hand foot and mouth is dangerous for pregnant women?

my daughter is 2 (on the 17th) and just came down with this.........im 33 weeks preggo and my ob is closed for the day!! i know some childhood illnesses are verry dangerous i just dont rememeber if this is one of them! thanks

allforthelove

Asked by allforthelove at 6:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is usually more dangerous if you are earlier on in your pregnancy. I got that when I was near the end of my pregnancy from my nephew. His Dr. told my SIL that I should contact my OB Dr.. I had an ultrasound just to be on the safe side and everything was fine. So yeah, I would call your Dr. in the morning and see what he wants to do.
    seabaugh6

Answer by seabaugh6 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• ummmmmmmmmm
    Anonymous

• Whaaaaaaat?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I don't think so, This is one of the diseases that kids get but adults don't. I wouldn't lose sleep over it but check with your doctor tomorrow. In the meantime, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularlys.
    Anonymous

• Adults can get this. My mom used to work in a daycare and caught it from one of the kids. I don't think it'll hurt your baby though. Just call your doctor in the morning...that's about all you can do.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2010