is anyone else tired of cleaning?

is anyone else tired of cleaning the house..im not married but live with my BF hes not a pig but tends to be a little sloppy..ima sort of a neat freak to a certain extent i mean i can sit and let the mess pile up but it does something to my mood. something about a messy house makes me feel down..so in the end i clean the house from top to bottom..when my BF is at work for a long shift..i cant say he doesnt clean up sometimes cause he does but he only picks up when i ask..sometimes i would love it if he would just do it without me asking..do any of you experience the same thing and if so how do you get your men to help around the house without asking . (a little side note im unemployeed now but when i am employeed i dont want to have a full time job and home also)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have an estranged husband who I rent from who has a hoarding problem. And to make it worse they just had to take out my cabinets so that they could fix a leak under the house and my kitchen is covered in concrete dust. I can't get him to do anything. And he is on disability right now so he's home 24/7. It's driving me crazy! Try living in my situation for a while.
    Anonymous

• MY HOUSE CAN NEVER STAY CLEAN, i'm not talking clutter either, it always gets dirty in the kitchen, he leaves food everywhere, hidden in pans and the sink, on the floor in the couch
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• yea you're going to have to let him know what you're thinkin....if you don't say anything he'll never realize that it bothers you. DH is a SLOPPY man...lol.....and I let him know when things are messy.....he knows I bust my butt cleanin our house and its not easy with all I have going on, so he expects me to let him know what he needs to do. He's in the military and not home all the time so when he's home he wants me to (kindly of course lol) let him know what he could do. He'll ask too if he's not sure what he needs to do to help me. We had a long discussion long ago that I would really appreciate it if he cared enough to ask me what should be done. He listened....lol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My husband is laid off and the only thing he will do is pick up toys....nothing else!! people try to tell me what to do with him, like give him a "honey do " list....those ideas don't work for all men....My husband is emotionally immature and will get pissey if he is asked to help out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2010