how do you clean your tub??

i soaked the tub in bleach for an hour and scrubbed with my mop and it didn't work

what do you use? help, nothing is working!!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• oh and i think it's my husbands dead skin and dirt thats caked onto the sides of the tub, he takes a bath everyday.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I use scrubbing bubbles and a scrubber......I let it work its magic for a few minutes while I clean the rest of my bathroom and then scrub the tub and walls. I rinse it out with warm water and then spray tilex daily spray which keeps it from acquiring too much soap scum daily. Just a note....if you use body wash instead of soap..that greatly reduces soap scum!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• he does use soap, is that what soap scum is?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i use vinegar and water. if you are trying to get rid of scum that has built up, try a baking soda paste a scrub brush and your muscles!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• muscles!!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I use a Magic Eraser. We have bad water and there is not a cleaner out there that works without 45 minutes of scrubbing, but that Magic Eraser cleans in just minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I use Soft Scrub from the store and a scrub brush. It works very well for me. My friend swears by the scrubbing bubbles scrubby pads, but I haven't tried them yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I like scrubbing bubbles but any brand will do the job...remember on a new tub it will shine beautifully but if you have an old tub it will just look ok clean...GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I use Tub & Tile Bathroom Cleaner. It cuts right through the soap scum and does it with natural ingredients of citric acid. No harsh fumes or ingredients. I know that there are natural ingredients which I could use from my kitchen and make myself, but when the mood hits to clean I need to have it ready to go.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 9:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2010