are there any diet pills i can take while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• happy2bmom25.........don't worry about your body right now? wow.............. WOW. but anyway, you can just do moderate exercise and diet and you'll lose it pretty quickly. there are not many things that are safe to take while you're nursing and diet pills are definately not on that list. i used moderate exercise and diet (while ebf) and lost my baby weight (50 lbs. with #2 and 35lbs. with #3) within 6 months. with #1 i could not bf so i had to do moderate exercise and strict diet, but i still lost within 6 months. don't keep putting it off...... you don't want it to stick around forever (or get added onto by the next baby) gl, you can do it!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• unfortunately, no.
    Anonymous

• No. Join Weight Watchers.

They have a program for nursing moms!!!!

It's changed my life!
    Anonymous

• THERES REALLY NO NEED TO EVERYTIME YOU BREAST FEED YOU BURN 500 CALORIES AND SHRINK YOUR UTURUS
    Anonymous

• nooo! use this time to love your baby...don't worry about your body right now. it took 9 months to gain the weight, give it 9 months to lose it. i t could actually be better for your skin if you lose it slowly too, it would give your skin time to shrink with your weight loss. you don't want a lot of skin hanging around if you lose your weight too fast.
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I, too, joined Weight Watchers while nursing. I found it SO easy to do and it worked really well.. really got me to change the way I eat. I did wait until my daughter was about 10 months to do it...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Also, you don't burn 500 calories every time you breastfeed... women burn *around* 500 per day while nursing but that's when the baby is nursing exclusively and that's an average. So it is true that you burn extra while nursing, which is why Weight Watchers give you some extra points, but for me that only helped me drop a bunch of pounds early on, then all weight loss stopped until i joined the program...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Diet pills don't work so it wouldn't do any good. Think about it, if there were a diet pill that worked then overweight people would take it and there would be no more overweight people. Everyone would know about it like everyone knows Tylenol helps headaches.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• No diet pills period. Breastfeeding or not. They only whittle wallets. There is absolutely NO substitute for eating right and exercising. Nine months on, minimum nine months off.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Diet pills are just a money making gimmick to begin with. Like PP stated if one worked it would be a miracle breakthrough drug and this country would no longer have an obesity problem.
    Anonymous