How often are female cats who are not spayed supposed to go into heat?

I have a 7 month old female kitten who has been howling for 4 days every other week. She's driving me nuts. Yes. I'm getting her fixed ASAP!
She's an indoor kitty.

Ann_Ony_Mouse

Asked by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 7:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pets

• OOh what made you wait so long to fix? That must be annoying.
    Anonymous

• They will pretty much stay in heat until they are spayed or have mated.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Cats can self ovulate...which pretty much means they can be in heat whenever and for however long. Get her fixed asap, it is the only way to stop it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Financial difficulties made me wait so long. I HAD money when we got our kittens. Just stuff came up unexpectedly. Fortunately, there is a program where I live that helps low income families with spaying/neutering and imunizations, to make it more affordable.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My cat goes in heat about like a woman with her period..it's once a month and lasts about a week..She is quite the little devil too, she scratches walls and is constantly giving what I call her "mating call". I have not been able to afford to get her fixed and I really need to get that done soon..
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Lol I have 4 indoor female cats I dont think there is one day without one of them meowin their head off... But I love them so it dont bug me... it does bug my bf tho lol, but we aint gonna spend that much to get em fixed lol so hes gonna have to deal with it!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 4:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Wouldnt a shelter do it for cheap??
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010