diarrhea and not wanting to drink anything

My son has had diarrhea a few times today. I'm pretty sure it's due to teething, he's working on his second set of molars. He doesn't want to drink anything. I've tried Pedialite and he hates it.. I don't really blame him, it tastes like flavored saline solution. He doesn't want water, juice, milk, or anything. He's still having wet diapers.. not as many though. Any ideas on how to keep him hydrated?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 7:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• popsicles? might be messy but he would likley take those.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• popsicles, otter pops, mint tea with a small amount of sugar, ginger ale.

Watch his diaper count because little ones can get dehydrated easily. My oldest was awful about liquids when sick and ended up in the hospital for lack of liquid intake (he is still more stubborn than words can relate but at 12 he still remembers that time when he was 4…)

I would resort to a shiny penny for each time he listens and drinks something as a last resort. You can put them in his piggy bank or a jar together. 10 pennies could equal an m&m or two when he is feeling better, if you'd like.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010