Tattoos, do you really judge someone for them from classy to trashy, to skanky? Whats your opinion on females with tattoos? or should I say Mothers?

Just curious. I personally want one, but I am also going to school for my Drs degree and have done alot of formals etc. I personally (for me) don't like the look of visiable tattoos on evening gowns, so I want a tattoo somewhere where it's not visable in an evening gown. For those of you who have visable ones, I'm saying this is my preference for MY body. NO insults to anyone & I love art. But I really want to hear if ppl in general do judge much on ppl who have tattoos or those who don't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont really care, but men perceive them typically as the sign of a trashy or easy woman. *shrug* most men anyways
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have a butterfly on my shoulder. i like it. It was showing at my wedding, and I got compliments on it. :D
    I think a tattoo is someones expression of themselves. If someone is an angry person, you might be able to tell by what they have on their body. If they are very feminine, they might have very frilly things.

I don't judge anyone by what they have on their bodies. Its not mine, I don't have to live with it, so if I don't like it, I don't have to look at it!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 7:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Don't have any, Hubby does and I like his.. They just aren't for me, and no I don't think they're trashy, I just think everyone has one now and it's not unique anymore...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I think of graffiti when I see them.
    Anonymous

• i have one between my shoulder blades that i love and plan on getting more when baby number two makes her appearance! i personally dont like them on woman when they are in manly spots lol if that makes sense. but like was said before, not my body so i dont care i just wont look either. men on the other hand i LOVE them on. SO has almost a full sleeve!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have 17 tattoos one of which is a half sleeve on my left arm from my shoulder to my elbow. I personally love tattoos and oddly enough I am working on getting my doctorates in clinical psychiatry....so I'm in a very professional field of study, and further a field which does not allow me to show my tattoos. This is fine as I wear sleeved shirts which are very appropriate and professional....all my other tattooes are hidden. No one I work and study with have the slightest clue that I have tattoos......I enjoy being myself as well as having the career I want. I know people judge, of course they do......if you met me on the street you'd have no idea I'm ready to be a doctor...you'd probably think I was some tatted up lady with kids. Nothing about me represents trash and it surprises the hell outta people to see me in my own casual attire. I like the idea that I can be who I want underneath all the professionalism!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It really too me depends on the women and the tattoo. If she dresses skanky and has stupid tattoos etc then yah I might think "trashy". For the most part however I just admire other peoples body art. Oh and I have three of my own. One on my wrist and one on each shoulder blade. I am really careful what I get and where, for one thing I dont want to regret them ten years down the line and another I dont want too look trashy!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have 13 tattoos and I can honestly say that there are a couple (small ones) that you can see that I wish I never got. but the majority of them you cant see at all and I am glad that I have them
    Anonymous

• I have no issue with meaningful tats. Ones that are obviously straight from the flash on the wall and had no thought behind them make me question their common sense.
    Anonymous

• and I think to judge someone or stereotype them as trashy or otherwise JUST BECAUSE they have tattoos is ubsurd! If they didnt know you had tattoos and got to know you and then found out you had to tattoos...would their perception of you change? Probably not! And besides that most ppl that have/get tattoos get them for a reason...its to remember or celebrate something/someone...just another form of expression like the dumba$$es that talk shit!
    Anonymous