Does your MIL have hideous taste in children's clothes?

What she buys is soooooo ugly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it's not HORRIBLE but she insists on buying them sweats and other things I won't put them in, I just use them as PJ's or play clothes when I know they are going to get ruined.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• YESSSSSSSSSSS and My kids wont wear it even if I would let them!!!!
    Anonymous

• Not always but she did buy him this tye dyed down vest. Its ugly as all get out and even my DS (who is 17 months old) won't put it on.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 8:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Nope. I guess I'm REALLY lucky. She's a great shopper and she's always bought the kids really nice and cute stuff! She always picks up cute stuff in the summer at garage sales too...she's very considerate in that way!!! I'm pretty lucky!!! If I called her right now and said I needed her help, she'd drop whatever she was doing and come to my rescue.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes....my MIL bought my dd a few of those hideous super frilly dresses when she was born. Uggg...like the kind from 1980.

I think she caught the hint when my dd never wore them.
    Anonymous

• Honestly just be happy she thinks enough of your kids to buy for them. Let them wear the clothes to her house or when she's with them.
    Anonymous

• Yes. She started taking me shopping to help her pick out the kids clothes when my then 3 yr old son looked at her after she gave him a shirt and said, "ewwww icky." She buys things like sailor suits and things that look like they should go on babies. I don't even know where she finds them at. I do appreciate her helping though.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• No. But even so, aren't you being a little too hard on your MIL? At least she cares enough to buy stuff for your kids. I am shocked at how many Moms here at CM are so mean and critical of their MIL. It is rather rude.
    Anonymous

• not hideous.. but not the same as mine!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• yes, she's from Holland, not that that has anything to do with it but... I do notice that a lot of Europeans wear some really odd combinations, especially the kids. It's like my mil see a pair cute flowered shirt for our youngest and instead of her pairing it up with a solid pant/skirt or a coordinating bottom she's gets the one with stripes, polka dots or Jumping cats wearing fireman hats. When ever we get the weird foreign looking boxes in the mail I always open them up and go "what da hail?" lol and the kids run for the hills. EEK!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010