Microwave cleaning

I got my microwave for free on freecyle, and the thing looks like its never been cleaned. Is there some kind of miracle foam that will make cleaning super easy? Magic eraser and 409 havent worked so far.

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 8:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• put about a cup of vinegar in a bowl and mircowave it for 2-3 minutes, the steam from the vinegar will loosen up the gunk.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Fill up a cup with water and add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice, then boil the mix in your microwave for a few minutes. When it's done, wait a few minutes for the steam to do its work, then wipe out your microwave. It should come clean fairly easily, although if it is really really grimey, you may have to do this more than once.
    Anonymous

• will lime juice work? I dont have any lemon juice.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes, I think the lime juice might work, as it is acidic too. Or you could use the vinegar that a pp mentioned. The idea is to use something that is acidic and lemon juice just happens to be acidic, has antibacterial properties and it smells nice.
    Anonymous

• OVEN CLEANER!

Works wonders seriously... You could wipe it with a paper towel after having sprayed it with oven cleaner. It also works on your fridge, tub, grills, it's just great.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i fill a bowl with cinnamon spice turn microwave on for 4 mins not only will it smell good but the steam losens all the yukky food and u can just take a sponge and wipe it clean. but i like to use the cinnamon verses lemon juice..my dh makes a mess useing the microwave so i have to do this least 2 xs a week lol...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010