Pregnancy or normal Mirena side effects?

I got the Mirena IUD last Wednesday and I only cramped for 30 minutes and bled for a few hours and then nothing.

Had sex Friday night...3 times

Well like I said, I bled for a few hours Wednesday but then nothing until this morning. I woke up spotting and now I'm bleeding pretty bad. I know it's super unlikely but I'm paranoid...I've heard that some people have gotten pregnant on Mirena and they experienced bleeding and since the bleeding didn't start until a few days after the sex I'm freaking out.

Is it normal to not bleed much after insertion and then start bleeding randomly on Mirena a few days later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I see nobody answered so I will TRY and help you out.

I bled on and off for the first 6 weeks, sometimes spotting, sometimes heavy.
    Ive had it for almost 3 months and the other day I started spotting again with pregnancy symptoms. I have no idea and I'm scared to take a test but I have to incase I am pregnant.

I would wait a week and take a test to make sure. If it comes up negative and you are still worried, go to the doctor and get a blood test to double check.
    Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010