legal advice for my deceased dog. he was killed.

A pitbull attacked and killed my rat terrier on 2/12/10 as he was trying to get back into our yard the dog snatched him and drug him down the stairs and bit him and crushed his rib cage. the owners of the dog lied to the police and said he wasnt theres and the dumb cop believed him. what should i do because these people are really irresponsible they let that vicious dog run around our neighborhood. i found out the other day that this isnt the first attack the dog has done. He is our neighborhood cat killer. so waht should i do? please i need advice. i miss my dog terribly. he diddnt desrve to die in such a horrible way. and the dog who did it if he would attack small animals he would attack small children.

noliesjusslove

Asked by noliesjusslove at 8:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pets

• My husband is a cop, he said since they will not claim the dog you can call animal control, and if nobody claims the animal they will take the dog and have it destroyed. The dog is unsafe and needs to be destroyed. If they all of a sudden claim the dog, then you sue them, and animal control will still take the dog and have it put down.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Also if the dog goes after any other animal or child, shoot it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Wait, if the big dog was trying to get your dog as he went back into your yard then your dog was out when he wasnt supposed to be too.
    Anonymous

• How many times are you going to post this question? I think you have gotten some pretty good answers each time.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I am sorry you lost your little friend. But all the "revenge" and blaming in the world won't bring him back to you or take away the pain of losing him.
    Do what you can to prevent this dog from further harming anyone or anything but don't make it your life's mission. Move on. You'll see your little friend again someday.
    Again I am sorry you are hurting. I pray for some peace in your heart over this awful loss. GL.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• he drug my dog out of our gate yea my dog was out of our gate cuz someone let him out and when he was trying to get back in under neath the gate the dog snatched him. he was on our property tho he wasnt at large.
    noliesjusslove

Answer by noliesjusslove at 11:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Dogs get out! How can you attack the OP when her dog died? I would be livid if my dog got out for whatever reason and she was attacked by a neighbor's dog who just let theirs run all around.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• was your dog loose too? If so you could be held liably also. Leash laws and such. And how does anyone know that the other dog also didn't get out?
    Anonymous

• Im sorry for your loss but I find the owners of the pit should be held responsible. I hate to see a dog put down, especially a pit, but what I hate even more is irresponsible dog owners period. I own a pit and I take precautions when I am at home and when i am not home to make sure she is kept safe/restricted as well as others who may be on my property or entering my home.
    Anonymous

• You need to get statements from others. If he is that bad then other have probably seen stuff.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010