What can cause

a missed period?? Besides pregnancy?

I am 2 weeks late, have taken a TON of pregnancy tests and all are negative. I do not have an eating disorder, stress is the same as usual.. Not overly exerting myself. I am on NO medications, and I am ALWAYS on time.. What can cause you to miss a period? I am going nuts. I am going to the doctors this Thursday but would also like to have some other feedback, anyone else in my boat? Thanks in advance.

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would just think stress, hormonal imbalance, being too thin.
    Anonymous

• If you think you are pregnant or if you think you aren't you don't need to take tons of pregnancy tests. If you take a good pregnancy test, not the dollar store, then you don't need to do others.

There are many reasons for irregular periods. It's not something that a woman needs to rush to the doctor about. There is nothing a doctor will do about one late period. You could call the office and ask for a blood pregnancy test.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm not rushing to the doctors over a missed period. I am sexually active seeing as how I already have 2 dd's. My husband and I are using protection so yes, their could be a chance I am pregnant. I have been taking first response tests. I have taken about 5 already in the past 2 weeks. I am going to the doctors on Thursday for a blood pregnancy test, I also have other symptoms like retaining water in my legs, ankles, and hands, horrible headaches, dizziness, and back pains etc. SO that's why I am going to the doctors also. I don't think I am pregnant, but I am just being very cautious in case if I am pregnant.

But thanks for completely being rude about my question!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm not entirely sure, but hopefully your doctor will be able to help you figure it out!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I've had that happen to me and had no idea why. I think when I wasn't on time I started stressing about my period being late and that made it later!! I am usually exactly on time but it happens once in a while and makes me freak out a bit. If you were pregnant it would probably show up on the first response test by now. Hopefully your doctor can figure out what's going on.
    emma-n-abbi

Answer by emma-n-abbi at 10:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I haven't had a period since August and the one before that was in June. I stopped having regular periods almost a year ago. At first I thought I was pregnant, but the test said no, so off I went to the doctor. I'm told stress and weight ( too much or too little) can be factors. In my case, last year I was stressed about finishing my degree, then getting a job, and then my mother passed. So much happened that I am still recovering. I am trying to lose weight and reduce my stress. Eventually I am sure my period will start back, until then I will enjoy the freedom!
    MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 10:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Are you overweight or underweight?
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I am not overweight nor am I underweight.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2010