B.C. pill--kinda dumb but curious

So Ive been on the pill for about 4 months but I was a thursday starter. I started my pills on thursday because when i first got my pill packs she said i could start immediatly. Well switching the stickers and whatnot on the packets was getting confusing so instead of waiting for the next Thursday to start my next pack (after i got my period) i started that Sunday.

Will this cause me to have a chance at pregnancy? I know nothing is 100% effective but im just wondering if my risk is higher because i changed my schedule.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hello she just started the active pills sooner, not later so no it will not increase the chances of pregnancy, the inactive pills are just there so that you have a period, starting the active pills sooner than usual will just effect your period not increase your chances of pregnancy since you are still covered by the active pills.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• No it will just affect how and when your period comes.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes, it will increase your risk. You should use another method along with the pill.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes, but only for about a week or so.
    Anonymous

• Anything is possible. I would just use protection to make sure for the next month.
    Anonymous

• If you started them early then no it should have no effect, if you started them the Sunday AFTER the Thurs you normally would have it may slightly increase your odds of getting pregnant. I would just be careful this month.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I did the same thing when I was on birth control Pills along time ago... it just changed my period schedule but I didn't get pregnant... but like the people above said.. anything is possible. When I did that my significant other and I decided to wait a little while to have sex just to be safe. Hope it all works out for ya!
    Beanzy22

Answer by Beanzy22 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2010