naked baby photos??

whens too old to have them done or even take them. i heard they couldnt be over a certian age or something. i heard some horror story about a couple taking ones of there girls all under ten i think in towels after they got a bath just thinking it was cute i guess. had their pictures printed at walmart and someone calling the cops. now all three of them are taken away and their fighting to get them back. im half scared to take ones of my one year old playing in the tubby for her baby book. anyone else hear about the story or know anything on the subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Walmart won't print them after 2 years old, any professional studio won't take even diaper photos after 1. (unless it's a boy of course then shirtless is okay.)
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• That did happen.

You can take your own photos and not post them anywhere on the internet and only print them with your printer. That way you don't have to worry.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm pretty sure 1 years old is safe... But I wouldn't take your pictures to walmart. I worked in the photo lab at walmart a few years ago and a lady brought in pictures of a NEW BORN baby... they took pictures when they were cleaning him up right after birth and my manager refused to give them the pictures since he was naked.. it's retarded I know but some people just wont do it. When my son was born I took our camera to Walgreens and they printed them no problem :)
    Beanzy22

Answer by Beanzy22 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• 2 yrs is a standard whether it's walmart, walgreens, CVS or whereever. Just do your best to stay with shot where no genitalia is fully exposed. I gave my granddaughter a big wash cloth when I took hers. I would drop it in her lap. and could get several taken before she moved it enough to show anything.. BTW..the story about the three girls is true and it isn't even the worst one.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Well if walmart had to call the police I would doubt that they were just "cute". They had to of been a lot more. Theres telling a diference between bubble bath pictures and just parents snapping naked photo's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm pretty sure my parents have pictures of me running around the backyard naked around the age of 5. I would think a 1 year old is just fine (and I'm pretty sure I've printed pictures of mine in a tub), but you could avoid frontal shots if necessary. The photo booth wouldn't be able to tell if the baby is a girl or a boy anyway if the actual genitalia is covered.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It is true. Saw the story on GMA. They showed the pictures and they were just of their girls in towels. Way blown out of proportion. It is what every parent has done. These are just parents taking some pictures of their kids... nothing more. Nothing perverted or sick about it. It is really sad what they have to go thru now over something so innocent. What is wrong with people? Take something sweet, cute, fun, and memorable and try to turn it into something sick and wrong. I know as a parent I have pictures of my kids as babies like that. Wal-mart even developed them. It depends on the person developing the pictures I guess!?!?
    IrishMom8

Answer by IrishMom8 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010