So it's my Birthday today , and my feelings are really hurt !!!

My DH never gets me a gift for anything . No holidays at all . I am not being selfish or materialistic or anything , because I have told him that homemade gifts with our daughter are my favorite . But I get nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean really , how hard is it to sit down with a box of crayons and some stickers ? And I have let him know how it makes me feel a hundred times and doesnt seem to care at all . What do I do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• don't get him a gift for any occasion and just call it even. that's what me and my hubby do..... saves me time and money so i don't really care lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I agree with pp. the more you insist. the more he's going to refuse, by not getting you anything.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I really enjoy getting or making him gifts though . It really makes me happy . I dont want to be one of those couples . I dont think it is to much to ask to get a little memento to say he loves and appreciates me . I tried really hard not to cry today when I realized that he was serious about not getting me anything yet again .
    Anonymous

• I sort of agree with the above but if you want it to change, you'll have to say, "It would have been nice....."
    I did this with my husband and now he's better. For Vday, I said I wanted Godiva chocolates, just a tiny box, so he did get them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Ahhhh jeez, do something nice for yourself. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I dont insist on anything . I shouldnt have to insist !!!!!! I just think it is really shitty that he never does anything special for me . He is my freaking husband and should want to celebrate my birthday with me .
    Anonymous

• You sound exactly like me. I tired for years to get my DH to understand. I put so much thought into anything that I get him. It can take me months to find the exact thing that he might have mentioned once in passing that he liked. I enjoy doing it for him. When it comes time to get me a present....nothing. I used to get upset and my feelings were hurt. Now I realize he does not not get me anything to hurt me, he just truely does not get it. I now go out and get what I want and on the holiday I give him a hug and say thanks for the "whatever I bought myself" and I am happy bc I got what I wanted and I am happy bc I have truely let it go that he gets me nothing.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I decided early in my marriage that it if mattered to me if I got a gift from my husband that I wouldn't play gift-roulette with him I'd just tell him. So I remind him that a gift-giving occasion is coming up and I'd like a present. I also get him something for holidays that affect him. Try some sugar with your Honey. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• If you want to give a gift it's your choice. When I give a gift it' s my choice, and I don't do anything I can't , and I NEVER expect anything back. I do it because I want to. I give my husband more gifts than he gives me and I'm okay with that. He is wonderful to me all the time and he is buying me a house.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I would tell him how you feel......tell him that it hurts when he doesn't even so much as make something to acknowledge the fact its a special day for you........if he loves you then he wouldn't want to hurt you.....so knowing that it bothers you and hurts you that he doesn't do a thing for your special days, he may realize that he should do something.....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• ignore his bdays and all holidays so he gets a taste of his own medicine

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2010