gallbladder flush ?

has any one done this
i had a gallbladder attack it was so painful,
the doctor said i had alot of gallstones
are the flushes safe?

redivy

Asked by redivy at 10:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Health

• i really don't know anything about the flushes. But when i had my gallstones the surgeon said that most of the time the stones are too large to safely fit through the tiny opening of the gallbladder. When they get stuck is when the attacks happen. Stones can also get stuck in the duct of the gallbladder causing extreme pain and possibly infection and then surgery to correct it.

If you haven't talked with a suergon yet then that is what i personally would do..all of the docs that i talk to during mine..both er drs and regular physicians said that surgery is nearly the only fix.. the stones do not normally disolve after they form and other will always form.

Good luck and i know how hard the pain can be.. good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• never tried the flush, by the time mine caused pain i was in surgery a week later. the stones were large and the galbladder itself was twice as thick as it should have been. the tech doing the ultra sound "oh wow" then said to me"off the record i have been doing this for 20 years and have never seen one as thick as yours and with that many stones"

My doctor got the file opened it in front of me and said "oh my...wow" then the surgeon got the file same thing right in front of me "oh wow that s not good" At that point i figured i better listen and have the surgery lol, if i canmake 3 medical professionals say the exact same thing it is time.

I would talk to the doctor first before trying a flush, you dont want a stone to get stuck and if your galbladder is diseased it isnt going to just get better by flushing it. The surgery is really simple i was home that night.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2010