my son is 2 and he dnt wanna use the potty

midamian923

Asked by midamian923 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Give him time. Wait until he is older. There is no law that children have to be toilet trained at 2. It's ok if he is 3. Really!
    Anonymous

• Lots of boys are 3 before they wanna use the potty.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Take a step back and find ways to make it fun again. there is so much onlline - games, books, sticker charts. Find rewards and incentives that are tied to things he likes, have him cheer for you when you use the potty. Eventually he will come back around.
    www.nestbliss.blogspot.com
    nestbliss

Answer by nestbliss at 10:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I would wait until summer to attempt to train him. There's no rush and summer will be easier with less clothes to deal with.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 10:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• my daughter was really stubborn about potty training. She turned 3 in October and just decided at the begining of this month that she wanted to do it. Now she is fully potty trained.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• yep, don't stress, relax about it, there are no rules with this, he will let you know when he's ready and trying to make him will just make a hard road for both of you. Try to ignore pressure from well meaning pushy people, esp older generations who raised their children by the book! If Dr Spock said to hang your babies on the clothesline, they likely would have done that too! Research now says to allow it to be child-led, that it can happen anywhere from 18months to 4yrs, and all that is still within the realm of normal.
    Good Luck Momma
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Looking back when my children were two and potty training, I realize now I was trying to push my babies too hard towards something that required a great amount of patience and lots of love in dealing with. Your children might totally catch it right away but a two-year old is still just a baby, for all intended purposes and needs to be guided with repetition, lots of over-the-top positive praise and reinforcement for trying and lots and lots of love. They will get it quicker than if they are scolded or disciplined because at that age they have no idea what discipline is or what it's for and they have no way of holding themselves accountable for what they learn and what they don't learn. This is a very unique stage in their development. Try to make it very positive and very fun. I had the whistles-and-bells potty that made fun noises but in the end it was a simple, generic potty that worked best. Best of luck!
    Comfy

Answer by Comfy at 2:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Take your time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Boys usually take longer. Wait until he is 3. If you make this a battle, he will know he has the power and it is making you nuts. He will use that against you. You can lead a toddler to the potty but you cannot make him pee. Relax, give him time. BTW you "question" is very poorly stated. That is a statement, not a question.
    Anonymous