what do u think of the name jarold or garold? which spelling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I myself like the spelling Jarold better, but that's just personal preference. I also like Jared for a boys name too.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like an old guys name, or Gomer Piles buddy or something. I wouldn't but it's your baby.
    Anonymous

• Gerald.
    Anonymous

• yeah, i have always seen it Gerald. I don't really like Jarold or Garold. I wouldn't name my child Gerald either....but as one of the previous posters said...your baby.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Gerald
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• If you spell it that way nobody is every going to get it right. Everyone you say it to is going to spell it GERALD.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how you want it pronounced. If you use Garold you're going to get the hard "G" sound, like "Gary".
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• op here. My gradfathers name is harold and i've always been so close to him and i would like to name my child after him. I dont like the name harold though because its so old fashioned so i was thinking replacing h with j or g. My grandfathers mid name is eugene, i dont care for that really either. any ideas would be nice.
    Anonymous

• I like Harold better than Jarold or Garold
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i like jarold or gerald for the spelling. if you spell it garold, a lot of people will say the hard G (like garage).

but personally, i don't like the name.

i do like the name Geno which could be a way to name him after eugene harold. but pick what you like :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2010