labor

hi i just had my son he is a week now n i was just woundering for the people who had vaginal birth how long does the burning and hurting last when going to the bathroom and so forth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can take 6 weeks or longer to heal if you had stitches. Some women have pain for even longer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i had two natural vaginal births and with my first it only burned like the first 3 times i went pee. with my second it never burned. it seems like you may have a tear there. and it may not stop until that heals. i suggest spraying some dermaplast on it... to help relieve the burning sensation. and use that squirt bottle they give you.... just fell with warm water and squirt it down there! good luck!
    Anonymous

DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I had my girl a 2 months ago.. I also have a 4 year old. My son who's 4... after having him... it felt that way for almost 6 weeks... Sex was uncomfortable for a while after. I didn't know if they stitched me weird or something.

With my daughter, I was fine a few days after, and only bled for a week. It was such a smooth recovery.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I had a tear with my son. I used a sitz bath to relieve the pain and itching from the stitches. Try one of those, and if you can't find a sitz bath try sitting in your bathtub with about 2 or 3 inches of warm water and some very mild soap for a little bit to soften the stiches so they won't feel so bad.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 1:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It took me about two weeks to comfortably go to the bathroom and that was with an apezeotomy or how ever you spell it lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• just personal experience: i was sore for 1 week. i was thinking i should at least start feeling better but it was staying the same soreness. i said on sunday, i'll call my midwife tomorrow. then on monday i felt LOADS better =) my son was born on monday, so it was 1 week later. i was still sore after that but not much. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• With my first it hurt for a week because I had a 3rd dregree tear. With my second the first day. I had no tears that time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• mine lasted about 3 days i tore naturally and was in little pain for about that long...
    jamesmommy0424

Answer by jamesmommy0424 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i got no stiches thankfully that would be more to add.ty for advice
    joannabenjamin

Answer by joannabenjamin at 3:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2010