Weddings

My fiance proposed the day before Valentines Day! I couldn't be anymore happy! He wants to do it May 1st (day we started dating), which leaves me about 70 days. I remember how much help everyone gave my sister, so I figured it could be done. Well supprised no one is helping me! My parents are paying for the wedding (small budget though), but never seem to have the time to go look at places or go with me to put orders in for things. Then my sister wont help out at all. She even informed me tonight on the phone that she cares more for some of her friends than me. Only because she knows them better, well its not my fault she never wanted to hangout. And to top off al the family BS my 2 bestfriends wont be here until a few days before the wedding because they live in Cali & Texas. My fiance has pretty much left everything up to me, which I'm okay with (he still helps out with ideas). Why are people such biotches sometimes?

Mom_of_2_boyz87

Asked by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe the short notice has everyone a little shell shocked, it has only been 3 days! Your sister is being nasty, but I get the impression that that is not new to your relationship, so don't expect it to be different now that you are the centre of attention.
    Why don't you just have the attitude that this is your day, and you will organise it, and do it well. If others would like to contribute that's lovely, but you are perfectly capable of doing it alone.
    Many girls get married without any parental support, my sister was a total cow leading up to the day (called me a selfish slut on the day as I recall) You know what, it makes no difference. Eighteen years on, her marriage is in the toilet, I'm still happy and the wedding photos haven't seen the light of day for years. Rise above it all, be serene and allow yourself to enjoy the planning instead of feeling ripped off. Don't let others steal your "happy"...
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• CONGRATS to you slow down and take it easy it will all come together
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• congrats!!! I'd look into a wedding planner if your having so much trouble getting help. When your parents complain about the cost, remind them that they were too busy to help you plan!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Congratulations, and let me tell you I know it is stressful. Pick out what you want on your own, and tell you parents when to pay and to whom and all that if they want a say then they need to be available. A wedding can be put together very quickly just have to know what you want and screw everybody else. Also I wouldn't have your sister in the wedding she is undeserving. If you can get a wedding coordinator or somebody who dabbles in that for as cheap as possible, ask your fiancee for help, my DH helped with everything because I had no outside help and it made it more special. Good luck and have fun it is your day.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2010