AM I Pregnant?

My periods last 5- 7 days, but for the last two months they have only been 3-4 days. My breast are growing now and I ust felt what I think was a heartbeat in my stomach. I am have gained 10 pounds really fast and I have had heart burn, and frequent urination, and bowel movements. I am always nauseated when I wake up. However, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I was wondering have anyone else had these symptoms and same problem with the test and ended up pregnant? I want to have a healthy baby and take care of him/her while I am pregnant, but how can I do so if my tests are negative. Please Help!

jarlana87

Asked by jarlana87 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I doubt what you felt was a heartbeat but the rest are common symptoms of pregnancy. It is possible to get a false negative, I would suggest going to the doctor for a test. The doctor's tests are much more accurate. Good luck!!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Go to the doctor. I'm sorry, but duh.
    Anonymous

• I went to the doctor and yes u are sorry. Why put duh? I said is there anyone who was pregnant that has had the same problem with pregnancy test? I got on this site to get help not for this.
    jarlana87

Answer by jarlana87 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Urine tests can be wrong. Blood tests are NOT. If a blood test came up negative, then you need to dig deeper to see what's going on in case there's something wrong.

If you haven't had a blood test, get one.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I ust felt what I think was a heartbeat in my stomach.
    _______
    That was your pulse.I can feel mine in my stomach when I lay flat. It is IMPOSSIBLE to feel a baby's heart beat in your stomach. If you have had a negative HPT then wait 2 days and test again or go to your doctor and have them to a HCG draw on you. Best of luck and relax stressing about pregnancy will make your period late.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• First off there is no way to feel the baby's heart beat. Second if you are not sure and think you may be go to the Dr and get checked out. We are not Dr and can not tell you. Even a Dr has to do a test to comfirm it.

Have you resently gone off of birthcontrol. That can change you period cycle. Also when you TTC you get stressed and can change things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i know how you feel,, every month i feel like you,, wondering if i am,, swear i can feel something in there,, like youv just get that gut feeling,, unfortunatly i cannot tell you if you are or not,, if i could answer that questuon id be able to answer my own lol,, i would suggest you just wait,, let a bit of time pass,, if the feelings go away then im sorry but your not,, if your like me (waited 3 months and just feel worse) then you might be take a test and good luck,, and by thge way dont worry about the test at the moment i have had loads of false negatives,, with my last pregnancy which ended in m/c i could not get a positive to save my life,, hope we both are lol,, good luck chick :) x
    boo09

Answer by boo09 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2010