HELP 3 m teething?

please, does this sound like teething? we think he's developing a bud or two on his top gum. sometimes he cries for no apparent reason. we try everything that has worked before. finally i broke down and gave him a little tylenol. 10 minutes later he calmed down and 20 minutes he's drifting off. he hasn't been a big paci baby but for the last couple weeks he won't stop chewing on his hands til i sneak in his paci. in chewing... i mean chewing. he actually screamed in pain (i saw this) when he full out chomped on his finger

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• can you give more details please?
    Anonymous

• Entirely possible. All my kids had two teeth by the time they were 4 mo old.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• OP
    he wouldn't take the breast, i gave him a bath ( he loves bathtime), i put him over my lap in case his tummy hurt, he got his zantac for reflux an hour ago. i set him down to play on his floor gym. again, he loves it. i kept trying to keep his paci in cause that was the only peaceful fleeting moments. this began 3 hours before bedtime usually hits. i stripped him down to his diaper (and changed him 3 times with not much in his diap) cause he's a sweatbox. when that didn't work i put his pooh bear gown on him for bed, an hour ago. and that's when i tried the tylenol. he's now asleep on my lap without his paci.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Most certainlyu., it's teething. Teething tablets can help.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My son got his first teeth at 4m 1wk, so yep, definitely can be his little teeth! Watch for the drool to start pouring, haha. Teething rings that you can put in the fridge help, and many kids like to chew frozen washclothes. (Dip one end of a washcloth in water, then freeze).
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• OP
    he's had non stop drool for about the same time, 2 weeks
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• well to tell you my son started at 4 months and it came by two ever since and now he is almost 10 months and has 8 teeth... my son really didn't do anything with the first four teeth but after that he became crabby and clinging....baby orajel works wonders
    jamesmommy0424

Answer by jamesmommy0424 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2010