My husband is deploying, I'm moving back home, will he still receive BAH?

We live in a house on base right now, I figured we'll have to pay to break the lease, and figure out where to store our stuff. Should we look into our installment's storage or private storage? When I get home will we still be receiving BAH even though I'll be living with my parents?

Kiers1023

Asked by Kiers1023 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• my ex military husband said yes.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• does he have an opinion on whether I should privately store our furniture or can I get a break by going through the military?
    Kiers1023

Answer by Kiers1023 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• yes you'll get BAH, but it will be from where you're stationed at. for instance, BAH here is about $830, but back where we're from it's $1500. so when he deployed i thought if i moved back home we'd get the $1500. thankfully i asked first before i made the choice, cuz you don't. you get whatever you're getting now.

i'd have to say though, i found it easier to stay here than move back home while he was gone. i visited there a couple times while he was gone, and only could last there a week without going insane lol. you get the sympothy, that makes you remember he's gone ALL THE TIME. when you stay with people that are actually going through it the same time, you get more encouragment than anything else, and they keep you in check. It helps to be able to talk with people face to face that's going through the same thing you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• He says go through the military because if anything happens to it , the government will pay for it because it will be their fault. Also the case in a natural disaster, they will pay.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• yes my husband was deployed and i moved back home and still got our BAH. and you wont have to pay to break your lease if he has orders that he is leaving
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• as far as storage goes i would put your stuff in storage where you are stationed somewhere offpost so you don't have to move ur stuff all the way back home then back to post when he returns from deployment
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• anon is wrong. DH is stationed in Germany but we get BAH for where we live in California.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• outstandinglove- is his home station California though? Like if we're stationed in texas but I'm going back to live in Mass, what BAH would we get?
    Kiers1023

Answer by Kiers1023 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Anonymous

• yes you will get BAH still and with deployment orders they can not by law charge you extra fees to break a lease. That should be stated in your lease agreement.
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 11:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2010