Is she really my friend?

I was talking to a so called friend. I was telling her that I am very worried b/c my DH might loose his job and we have such a large mortgage. I told her that if he loses his job, we might loose our home. Her first words were " Well, do not worry my husband and I will buy your house". What? is she hoping for my house to be on sale? What do you think of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds more like she thought she was trying to help you. The housing market is kinda slow right now & if you needed to sell you might have a hard time selling it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Don't overreact, I think it was a failed attempt a humor.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think she might like your house better than hers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• you know when you don't know what to say, so you say the dumbest thing in the world... she is probably going over it and over it too, wishing she could start that conversation again. If that sort of comment is out of character for her, and she is usually sensitive and caring, just allow it to be a slip up and move on
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• SOunds like she was trying to be nice, b/c as someone who is stuck with a house that is waaaaay below what we paid, I would love for someone to buy it! Selling a house right now is really difficult.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think more info is needed... If she can purchase your house, maybe she'd sell it to you for a better payment, or cheaper?

I think you need to talk to her. It seems innocent.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i would have felt bad if my "so called friend" said this to me but just talk to her, and ask what her intetions were
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2010