Surrogates

Would you be a surrogate for a friend of yours, or your husbands that for one reason or another couldn't have children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes, I know the pain of trying to conceive and thinking I would be unable to. As long as the would be parents are in stable happy relationship, and able to provide a loving and functional home I would gladly give someone the gift of parenthood.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• they'd have to be close friends, if my body would allow it. but doc said no more kids for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No. Could not.
    Anonymous

• I would, I love being pregnant! it's true, the idea of another life growing inside of ME, it's amazing and would love to carry another one...I just am done with raising them, those cute babies become teenagers!,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• no not to someone I would see regularly. I have donated eggs to a couple, and we have become friends and they send pics of the baby etc, but they live 5 hours away so I don't see their daily parenting. It was far far far easier to just give the eggs than to carry a baby, which for me has alot of emotional bonds etc. Wish I could be that generous, but no
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I would love to. I'd also donate eggs or be a surrogate for someone I did not know.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I have had trouble getting pregnant ( and I really want another as well, but I doubt it will happen) so I know the trouble and the heartache it can cause -- but I honestly dont think I could ever do it..i would just always feel like a piece of me is missing.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think that doing this type of thing for a close friend could have some serious drawbacks, you see them regularly and will after the baby is born, and even if it was not your egg, you would feel like that child is a part of you that was lost or given away and it would be a constant reminder. I would speak to a counselor about something like this before making a decision.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I would, but I myself have infertility problems. That makes me much more empathetic than the woman that says she would never do it. But it also makes it virtually impossible for me to ever be one. If I'm ever able to have another baby, I'll be getting a hysterectomy right after anyway.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yes
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2010