Is there a way to bring my fertility back while breastfeeding?

We want to TTC again but I'm still not ovulating due to breastfeeding and I was wondering if there is anything I can do other than spacing feedings (we tried that...didn't work) or take that won't hurt my nursing child but will bring back my feritilty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• almonds lots and lots of almonds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• How are almonds going to lower the prolactin hormone so that my progestrone levels can rise enough for ovulation?

I've never heard of this...please explain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• well i dont know it worked for me i was ttc for eight months then someone told me it boost you fertility and i was all over them an was eating the like candy and bam i was prego just trying to put what worked for me out there i dont think there will be any meds out there to take while breastfeeding i am trying to put natural things out there for you to try sorry for trying to be nice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think the almonds were a coincidence.

No, sorry.There isn't a way to bring back your fertility. It will return when your body is ready for another baby, not before. That's why some women do get pregnant while breastfeeding and others do not.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• OP Here- Anon...I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I just really didn't understand how the almonds were going to work. I'm not able to concieve right now because breastfeeding is suppressing ovulation not because of any of the usual TTC issues. Again I'm REALLY not trying to be rude at all...I'm just looking for answers and with all do respect I can't just do something because a friend of a friend of a friend told someone to do something and they ended up pregnant.

I know in the instance of almonds it's not harmful to my nursing child but other things could be and I need to KNOW HOW it will work not that someone told you it will.

KWIM?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Take your time. I got pregnant while I was breastfeeding my son. He was about 10 months old when I got pregnant again. I continues to nurse him until he was about 14 months and then I weened him so I would be able to feed my new baby. I also took calcium supplements and drank a LOT of water. But if you are TTC, just be patient, relax and enjoy the moment. Your body will release when it is ready to. Best of Luck!
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Lots & lots of water, it clears toxins in your body while keeping your supply up. When your body is more cleansed it can boost the chance of a normal cycle, as can excersize. Also talk to your OB about a safe-for-breastfeeding birth control. I know you're TTC, but if you take a birth control for 3months it can regulate a cycle for you, so that when you stop the BC you are more likely to conceive. It's worth talking to your OB about. Other than that, your body will naturally begin ovulating when you are emotionally & physically ready to bare more children. Good luck!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I don't really know what all you can do to regain fertility but i do know even without supplements etc... it's not a lost cause. My bff and her brother are 1 year and 1 day apart. Her brother was not planned but rather the result of the mistaken thought that you can't get pregnant while nursing. Not an accident but a surprise. I hope you get the surprise you are wanting. Good luck.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 7:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• How does breastfeeding suppress ovulation? You still ovulate. Just because you're not having periods doesn't mean you're not ovulating. Start charting, or get an ovulation kit - because you ARE ovulating, breastfeeding does NOT stop it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Anon :29....You are extremely misinformed. Breastfeeding DOEs suppress ovulation. Do you research. I do chart. I am infact NOT ovulating.

I didn't ovulate for 14 months while BF my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2010