i am SOOOOOO tired when i wake up in the morning!!!

usually when i wake up in the morning yeah im still a little tired but i can get up and function normally. but for the past few days i can barely keep my eyes open when i get up (literally!!) and it takes me a coulple hours to actually feel awake! why is this? i really haven't changed my sleeping patterns, so what can it be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Health

• Perhaps something is keeping you from getting into the really deep sleep that refreshes us? Have you been eating differently before bed or has it been hotter/colder than normal? Have you been having different dreams? Any recent stress or health changes?
    Could be lots of stuff.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My sleeping patterns totally vary..when the moon is full I get my best sleep 9-13 hrs. a night, the rest of the month 6-7 hrs a night. If I'm eating heavier meals I tend to be more tired as well...also if the room is extra warm... I wouldn't worry about it, I think sleeping pattern variations are pretty normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well, if you are getting too much or too little sleep you are going to feel sluggish when you wake up. Also, you could be waking up multiple times in the night and really realizing it. Try to set routine to help you prepare for bed because if your head is spinning with the thoughts of the day, you might have a difficult time falling into a good REM cycle which is when you get your best sleep.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2010