Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would my Dr give me blood work if I asked

I made an appt for next week -- I havent had a period since november but I have had negative tests results -- I have been extreamly tired ( not sleepy tired, just worn down tired) --and EXTREMLY moody ( one minute I feel like punching the wall, the next I cry...and I am usually very happy-go-lucky) , and I have had alot of indegestion problems -- nothing in my life has really changed -- all of these things just like showed up one day, and they are constant EVERYDAY, ALL DAY ....

Can I just ask him to do blood tests and try to see if it is something instead of just "beating around the bush" ?

Answer Question

Asked by glamomomo at 1:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 11 (568 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • YES. Ask for Vitamin B, Vitamin D, A full thyroid panel, and Iron levels. Also it doesn't hurt to get a CBC and a Metabolic panel. :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Yes definetly i'm sure he wont mind infact, they love to do blood work and pee tests cause more money for them. My dr loves testing me all the time... that i'm already getting tired of it :/ Sometimes I can go without a period for 4 months and right away she wants to check me to see if i'm not preggo but thank God i'm not:)

    Answer by kimaam at 5:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • They will probably run the tests you need without you specifically asking for them. Providing your describe all your symptoms, that is. That sucks to perpetually be in a state of PMS. If you're like me, my house can't be clean enough when I'm about to start. If you are like me, will you come over? My house is a wreck. :-D Feel better soon!

    Answer by JawgaMom1 at 6:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • yes - tell him your symptoms and ask for testing. I did the same thing with my dr, although the only symptom I really had was just extreme fatigue. He did a full battery of tests and found out I have sjogrens syndrome, which is a very rare autoimmune disease. Not much they can do about it, but it has to be monitored closely by a rheumatologist in case of a flareup

    Answer by missanc at 7:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Yes. When I go to the doc, it's with a specific purpose and I ask for blood work. I've never been told no.

    Answer by Pnukey at 9:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.