There is talk about the 'net regarding a coming ice age. (It isn't a question of if, or even when, it is believed to have started.)

What are your thoughts? "Not by fire, but by ice."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure now that the scientist admitts there has not been any GW since the 90's it's time to claim an ice age is coming.Why does that seem so predictable?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• http://oceanmotion.org/html/resources/ssedv.htm

The heat of the oceans. I really thought the coast off of Florida was warmer then that. Wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• We're at the end of an ice age. They happen all the time. That's what makes all the silly "man made global warming" panic so funny. As if we could stop the climate from changing the same way it has been changing for 4.5 Billion years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Gotta agree with NP!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm skeptical, of course. I'm old enough to remember the 70's Ice Age scare, the 90's Global Warming scare, and now the 10's is going back to Ice Age? It's rather funny, if you think about it.

Neither climate scientists or meteorologists can accurately predict weather that far in advance.  Many factors, like volcanoes, sun flares, and the earth's own wobble can affect weather patterns. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• :eye roll: look its always changing and will continue to.I agree the panic is ridiculous
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I believe it is the age of Aquarius. (jk)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Nah The Age of Nefarious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rslqQlF6BH8

6

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• They're always going to trying to scare us into believing this or that about the climate. I don't think that mankind can really do a whole lot to affect the climate on this planet. There has always been warming and cooling, there are floods, tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, and earthquakes. We cannot start them, or stop them. I'm telling ya, we can't change the jet stream, no matter how hard we try! The best we can hope for is to stop/reduce pollution and litter, and to recycle what we can.

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2010