I heard about the newest 'diet'.... Have YOU tried it?

Its the HCG diet.... I heard you can get injections that will help you lose weight in those hard to lose spots... HOWEVER, you do have to follow a diet plan and such, but it helps in the targeting more than anything else (Ive heard) Is it true? Has anyone tried it? Im considering it, cause Im skinny up top but bigger on my bottom half... Ive been working out FOREVER and cannot loose my bottom half... Im to the point where I feel that my face is too skinny and my bottom half doesnt match my top half! Ive plateaued on my weight loss!!!! Is there an oral form or is it just injections? If you have heard anything on if this really works, let me know, Im looking into it but dont wanna blow my money if its just not gonna work!!! Thanks in advance! =)

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just like ever other diet, its a FAD, The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat less and helathier, excercise will tone you when you are eating right and using the right excercise.

Many excercise certain ways thinking it will help thier appearence when it fact that certain excercise is throwing of thier body alignment,it happens a lot.

If you cant seem to cut down your food I would reccommend 03 Worlds FIXX and FORM.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Diets are TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS – just say No! To lose weight and keep it off and to improve your overall health you need to make lifestyle changes.

How about a variety of Crunches? Takes 10-20 minutes and works the core & abs.

You can do "normal crunches"
    Side crunches -lie on back, feet in air, arms behind your head then crunch" side to side like you are trying to get your elbows and knees to meet.

Double crunches - that's arms/shoulders up while legs/knees come up to meet each other.

Reverse crunch - lie on back, cross right leg over left knee, arms behind head - lift legs & butt like you are crunching

Dance around the house while cleaning (dancing works all muscles, and makes cleaning more fun)

I have lots more suggestions ... message me if you need more exercise or nutrition ideas.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Here are some healthy snack and nutrition choices.

Don’t buy junk food – try fruits, granola bars, trail mix, nuts, olives, yogurt
    Walk, or do other exercise, at least 3 times a week.
    Drink water – an easy way to get your water is to start and end each day and each meal with a glass of water. You can start with a 4 oz and work your way up to an 8 oz glass.
    For breakfast try oatmeal, cereal like Special K or Granola, or whole wheat toast or muffin.

Smaller meals throughout the day.
    Breakfast, AM snack (piece of fruit or yogurt), lunch (soup or salad), PM snack (same as AM), dinner (baked or broiled meat, steamed or veggies sauteed in olive oil, not butter).
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It's a gimmick. There is no diet or exercise that will spot reduce.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You should try using a rowing machine, it works those hard places to lose fat from. The Concept 2 indoor rower is a great investment if you have the money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If you have some $ to spend, I would see a personal trainer that can give you a specific type of diet/workout that will be good for your body type and what you're trying to lose. Or try JillianMichaels.com
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2010