overactive baby!

im 38 weeks prego tomorrow and tonight my baby just can't seem to settle. she's always been very very active but she jsut wont stop and it is REALLY starting to get painful with her kicks down low! why is she so active? havent had any caffeine...

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sweetie she's just letting you know she's healthy and happy. I know they can be uncomfortable. Sometimes a warm bath or an icy drink will move bub into a better position, but otherwise, do some deep breaths, slowly massage your tummy and repeat to yourself, "you are happy and healthy, you are safe within me"
    I know it sounds really airy fairy but, break it down - in-utero babes who are compromised don't move alot -it is one of the first signs that a baby is in serious trouble when movement decreased & whilst the babe is nestled within you, she is safe and nurtured and will continue to grow. I even said this as I was delivering, and when I was cradling my newborns - within the cradle of my arms, they were safe "within me"
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• PS the stomp straight down on the cervix really makes you feel like the whole room saw it doesn't it!!! Hang in there Mommy, nearly there and your beautiful little person will be here
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• thank you...thats was nicely said :) it's just never hurt this much ahah..not even with my first!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I was working in a bank with first and can clearly remember talking to a customer about credit card fees and feeling Jack stomp on my cervix. I felt like the customer could see inside my body./ Weird and very 'internal'. And yes I wouldn't say hey got worse with each baby, but my awareness got more finetuned. By Baby 4 I was jumping out of my skin and felt the world and his wife was in the front row watching my pap smear! very odd feeling LOL
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2010