38+5 waters leaking ???? tmi sorry, plz no harsh words if you dont no what your talking about as their are cruel people on here say horrid things in answers tnx

i woke up this morning feeling a tad damp down below, so i went to the loo , my underware was wet with a tad discharge , i cleaned up put a pad on for an hour and went bk to loo , it looked like a bit discharge on pad and felt wet , should i ring MW just incase it is my waters or not ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• better safe than sorry are you having any contractions?

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 5:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• back pain , cramps , i was getting tighness every 15-10 minutes but that has stopped, but then i have had BH since i was 6 months lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My ob/gyn told me that if your water was breaking it would smell like bleach. Is there any odor? She told me it's very normal to leak urine late in your pregnancy and not even know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i don't know if is smells like that or not i scheduled c-section. keep timing it and see if they are coming closer. in the mean time try to stay calm as possible. it could be some urine that may have leaked out because i had that happen. hang in there and everything will b ok.

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• After your water breaks, you have about 24 hours before the baby is at risk. I think I would be on the safe side and get checked. It would be one less thing for you to worry about.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i totally agree with jawgamom
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• it is always better to be safe and get it checked out, you can always come home and rest if it is not time. Don't feel bad IN ANY WAY for a false alarm, you are trying to ensure your baby is as safe as possible and DRs would prefer100 false alarms than someone who ignores warning signs. I have heard the opposite - urine smells like bleach or acidic (creates ammonia) where as wq\aters is actually sterile which has either odourless or may have an alkaline smell like almonds. Try and stay calm.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'd call the MW and let her know what is going on. If you're 38 weeks you are most likely in the early stages of labor, but that doesn't mean that active labor is knocking at your door. Especially with your first baby sometimes you can be in the beginning stages for days. It's totally normal to leak a little at this stage so try not to panic. Your mid wife will probably want to check you, but if your contractions have stopped then it doesn't sound like you are in labor just yet.

Good luck!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• thanks all , this is baby 4 for me , my first 2 the MW broke my waters and with baby 3 it went on like it is now lol everytime i go to the loo their is damp and a lil discharge their, some peeps say yr waters smell a lil like bleach but others say it dont smell, im gonna see how i am in an hour or so then ring hospital , thanx all xx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/prom.html

here is a link that discusses how you can tell if your water has broken.

http://www.healthcarea2z.org/ditem.aspx/358/PROM/

that one is a good one about "what to do" if you water did break and labor doesn't begin, which it does w/in 24 hours in 90% of cases. :) it says this

As the time between the rupture of the membranes and the onset of labour increases, so do the risks of maternal and foetal infection. These risks reduce with the induction of labour. Women with PROM at term (i.e. they are over 37 weeks pregnant) should be offered a choice of immediate induction of labour or expectant management. The latter should not exceed 96 hours following membrane rupture.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2010