What do you pay for childcare?

I'm trying to put together some numbers to present my sisnlaw with. I'm not interested in being paid but she's starting to take advantage of this 'free childcare' so I need to nip that in the bud. Thanks for any suggestions! And for the answers already given and to the lady who directed me to the right group to post this in, lol.

Comfy

Asked by Comfy at 7:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• $35/day for an 8hr day or $175/wk. My mother cares for my son, who is only 4months old. This is the minimum for most daycares, so it is what our public assistance said she can get paid through our CalWORKS aid. We don't personally pay for it because it is offered through our CalWORKS Welfare-to-Work program considering we are doing our core program hours as well as qualifying school hours, but if the state says this is the minimum amount & the maximum they can pay then I'm guessing this is the going rate. If you want to be more lenient, try asking $25/day or $125/wk depending on how often you watch the kid(s).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I watch a neighbors little girl an hour before school starts and an hour after school ends, so about 10 hours a week, she pays me 30.00..My daughter is good friends with the little girl so they play the whole time and the money to me is just a little extra for me!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My daughter goes to a home daycare and i pay 110 a week. She is there 4-5 days a week and about 10 hours a day.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• 5 days a week at in home state licensed daycare - $100.00 per week
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I read your other post that she is going to community college. My daughter goes to the daycare on my community college's campus - it is 75 DOLLARS/DAY. She should seriously be grateful that you will watch her son for nothing.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Thank you everyone, this is so incredibly helpful! Hugs to all! <3
    Comfy

Answer by Comfy at 9:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• $120 per week for full time daycare.

$10 per hour for special occaission babysitters outside of regular daycare hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• At the daycare center, I pay $20 a day. If it's less than 5 hours, it's only $10 but it's usually 8-9 hrs while I'm working. I go back and forth between that and a babysitter, whom I pay $2.50 an hour (her request) so I end up around $100 a week for daycare and $60 or so for a babysitter.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• $125.00 per week.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2010