So a serial killer can repent and go to heaven, but an atheist will go to hell no matter what?

Isn't this kind of ass backwards thinking? No matter how good of a humanitarian the atheist is, no matter how good they are to others, if they don't believe in god they go to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, that's what I believe. It's not about being good, or moral, it's about submitting to God.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Only God can decide. For only God knows our hearts better then we do. So be thankful for those of us that pray for God's mercy for all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I would hope to believe that God judges on character not just worshipping him..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 8:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• What 7 45 said.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• At least unbelievers they will die knowing they were the best they could be and left a positive impression on the world after they left it. Who wants to go to heaven with reformed rapists, murderers and creeps of all kinds anyway? I'd rather go to down below were we Atheists can run bakesales to earn money for the  burn victims in Hell- you know do something that matters.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If you are an Atheist why do you believe there is a heaven and a hell? Don't you just ... die?
    Saphie

Answer by Saphie at 9:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• HMMM....Its about believing in Him. Accepting Him into your heart and asking Him to direct your steps and letting His will (not our own) be done. I see God work in my life everyday! The fact that we wake up everyday is God, He gives us the breath of life every time we take one. He gives us our children, our partners, our jobs. He created the sustinance we eat the veggies the meat, the water we drink. I mean how fantastic is it that all of the things we need on daily basis.... He provides? Where else do you think it comes from? He answers the prayers we secretly say when we want something and have our fingers crossed, begging "Please, Please,Please! Why would you NOT want to believe in Him?
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 9:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Luciens_Mom Everything you mentioned is biological and natural. There is nothing 'supernatural' about it what so ever. It pains me to see how you elevate your god and deny yourself praise for anything.

Why would I NOT want to believe in him? Because I find the thought of being manipulated like a puppet for the benefit of a tyrant, hateful god unsavory to say the least. You see love and I see only hate, anger, ego and abuse.

Why WOULD anyone WANT to believe? Have faith, love and trust in yourself- that's really ALL you need.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• The whole idea of REPENTENCE is turning from ones wicked ways and realizing one's need for a savior. No matter how good someone is, their righteousness is as filthy as a used tampon covered in gonorrhea slime and menstrual blood. Yes! A serial killer has done some wicked horrible things. A pedophile. A rapist. A murderer. An embezzler. A thief. A cheat. A wife beater(not the tank top). A child abuser. Because left to our own devices, anyone can become one of those. ANYONE! BUT GOD is not willing that any should perish, but that ALL through Him might be saved. The bible doesn't say only those who already lead a "good life." BUT ALL. Think about it. ALL humans are falible. All are capable of all kinds of horrible things. Maybe one sin is worse than the other, but seriously, sin is sin. Wrong is wrong. I hate when people say "What's right for you may not be right for me. What's wrong for you may not be wrong for me..."(cont)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• (cont)That's such BUNK! There HAS to be absolutes! Either there is a right and a wrong or there isn't! Obviously-a serial killer doesn't think it's wrong to kill so many people, and a pedophile thinks it's okay to have sex with babies, and an abusive man thinks it's perfectly alright to beat his woman and/or his children, and a woman who does drugs around her kids and burns them with cigarettes thinks that's okay. To say stuff like "What's right for you may not be right for me." shows such a double standard with humanists and the like!
    Everyone...EVERYONE needs Jesus, whether they think they do or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2010