Has Anyone Gone To See A Psychiatrist Because You Think You Have A Personality Disorder? Do You Take Any Meds? How Are They Working For You? I Struggle With Depression And Need To Know!

I am seeing a shrink for the first time soon, I feel I may have Borderline Personality Disorder, and I am scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Health

• I was told I had a borderline personality disorder a long time ago, I was 24 ish.I went to counseling and I also was told I was manic depressive. I went on Prozac & it did help.As the yrs have gone by I went off & back on.I've gone up in dose, & eventually went on Wellbutrin, this is something that helps quit smoking as well, go figure.I stayed in therapy with a therapist for yrs.I still go as needed & I am 36. Good luck with everything.This is a good thing if you have a serious depression you will be on your way to better times soon.Hugs,take care.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• yes and there is a CM group for those of us with BPD. There are lots of ladies there who can answer your questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Thank you ladies!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2010