essure vs. tubal ligation

Does anyone know about either and which do you think is preferable? I have read up on both and Thursday I am talking to my doc about it, but I wanted some opinions if you have experienced either one.

joaniedanger

Asked by joaniedanger at 9:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Health

• I read up on this one a while back...I just don't know though. IMO a tubal would be much safer and reliable. I just don't think jamming a foreign object into your tubes for the express purpose of growing scar tissue is a great idea.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I agree with Slinkee - the idea of a metal spring being forced into my tube, forcing it to grow scar tissue, is just wrong. The idea of a foreign object in me is wrong, period (I disagree with IUDs too). I had a tubal done 3 years ago, and I've been very happy. NOTHING is 100%, just keep that in mind - "they" say essure is 100% but it's NOT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I choose Essure. It seems more reliable to me. There is no chance of self reversal like with a tubal or vasectomy. I didn't want to have a surprise baby here in 10 years. I have had it since August of last year and no complaints. It is also the ONLY type of sterilization that had NO incidents of pregnancy occur during clinical testing. If you wanna read about my experiences you can check out my journals.

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• purpleducky