Ok my morning sickness is never ending.It lasts all day and all night. any suggestions?

i can never seem to stop feeling sick, all day long im miserable

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am pregnant with my third this has deffinately been the worst morning sickness I have ever had. With my first it lasted exactly four months. I coped by drinking a room temp glass of water as soon as I woke up it would either help me get the bad stuff out or rehydrate me. With my second son I had moderate morning sickness that resolved its self by accident. All it took was switching from 2% lactaid to whole milk lactaid. With this one that is not an option since I am allergic to the milk casen protein not just lactose intolent. so I have tried ginger gingerale, pregi pops which are compounded ginger 7 up sprite everything that worked for the first two vitamin B6 none of this helped. Until my hubby bought squirt that was on sale anyway I was desperate and walla as soon as I start feeling quiezy I sip squirt and munch on saltine crackers. sucking on fresh lime or grape fruit. Orange juice makes it worse.
    sallyksunshine

Answer by sallyksunshine at 11:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Talk to your doctor, there are anti-nausea medications that are safe to take while pregnant. I was so sick with my second son through the ENTIRE pregnancy that I was on Zofran and promethizine just so I could eat.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I had morning sickness for 7months with both my girls. Ginger Ale and saltine crackers helped. They have anti-nausea medication now also, but I was always freaked out about taking any medication when I was pregnant.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 9:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i was like that for 6 months with my son, i just ended up getting used to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I hated the thought of taking meds too, but I was literally sick nonstop. My doctor said that without the medication there was actually a chance I could have lost the baby, so I took the pills lol. Even with them I was nauseated a LOT. I think it's vitamin B6 that is supposed to help also?
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm so sorry - I know just how you feel. I was nauseous throughout my last pregnancy and at 20 weeks still can't keep food down with this one. I went through 4 different meds last time I was pregnant and none of them worked, but it's definitely worth a try - I know some of them work for some people.

Answer by missanc at 9:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• b6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It sounds like you have hyperemesis. TELL your ob/gyn. That's not good for you or your baby. I hope it gets better soon. :(
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Have your OB check you for B vitamin deficiency.  If you are low in Vitimin B's you can get shots that help.  You have to ask and insist to get a doctor to consider this.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I had it with both of mine it lasted for about the first four months I drank ginger ale als coca cola helped but since you cant have much caffeine drink the caffeine free also chewing peppermint gum helped saltine crackers they also make a type of lollypops that can help I never tryed them and you have to order them online I cant remember what they are called though good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2010