Has anyone else ever had this problem?

So, I go to the hospital on Monday with pain in my abdomen, they think it might be appendicitis. I fail the CT scan and they send me home. The doctor told me it was only their job to make sure I wouldn't die before I went somewhere else, so even though he didn't know what was wrong-- I should live. The pain gets worse, I go to another hospital and the same thing happens. He doesn't bother to look at my appendix because the first hospital did, my gall bladder looks ok, but they can't find my ovaries. THEY CAN'T FIND MY OVARIES!! So, he says there must be nothing wrong with them and sends me home. They both send me home with pain medication-- I try to schedule an appt with my own family doctor. She can't see me but prescribes me more pain meds.

I really need to know what's wrong because it's worse than yesterday AND I'm on more medicine for pain.

Ever have that problem? What did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Actually my mother is currently going through the same thing. She too went to the hospital with sever abdomen pain and they thought it may either my cyst on ovaries, gallbladder, hernia, or something going on with her colon. The hospital didn't do much research and just sent her packing with lots of pain meds in which she refuses to take. Shes been to several different doctors and they all seem to blame it on this or that and never really take the time to really figure it out. She just goes in one big circle trying to figure it out. Very frustrating. I would just say stay on top of your doctors and and be very persistent until they figure out whats going on with you. Good luck and hope you get to feeling better soon.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I wish doctors cared like they're supposed to. There is one out there. Find a doctor who will take the time to figure this out. This is important and don't take "pain meds" for an answer
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well where do they suspect your ovaries might be? That's crazy.
    I don't take it well when a doctor tries to brush me off. I get loud. They hate that. I hope your family doctor will actually try to help you.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2010