is it true?

that a little bit of wine will help induce labor. I would NEVER drink any achocol while pregnant. I'm to0 paranoid about all the effects it can have, hell I won't even take tyenol but I heard about it & wondering if anyone has went this way to help.

Remember just a question. Just wondering, no drama nothing more. JUST A QUESTION!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is usually suggested as the opposite. As a muscle relaxer, it can calm prelabor, helping mom to know IF this is truly It.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• nah, wine won't induce labor, in france women drink wine thru out their pregnancy.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• wine helps you relax, havent heard of it inducing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No I don't think so, but it is safe to have one glass during pregnancy. I never would drink either.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I have heard it is to relax you. but I personally would not even do that. Alcohol is not good when you are pregnant.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I've never heard that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It wont induce labor, what it does is help relax your body. A small glass of red wine will not harm your baby, women take all sorts of medications during their pregnancies and a lot of doctors will even give a mom sleep aids and things like morphine to help them relax, all those medications come with their own sets of risks.
    Personally i would take a small glass or wine to help relax instead of the medications.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• OP here.....Thanks Ladies! I don't think it would do alot of harm but I would feel so guilty if I did... I can wait to have a glass until the angel is born! 12 weeks to go YAY!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• NO, but it will relax you. That could stop labor. LOL. Good luck. The baby will come when it is ready.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No, but it'll stop BH contractions. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2010