For mom's with kids in college far away..

What did you do for your College age kids birthday? Send something? I just sent my son two things--lol a Valentines Day chocolates and soup. Then I finally sent him his going to College quilt. So my question is .. What did you send and do you think I should send him another present? Thanks.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Our son is 7 hrs away across the state. We send him a care package once every other month. A gift card to Wal-Mart - the only big box store in town - microwave popcorn, microwave chocolate cake, and some silly stuff from the dollar section at Target.
    Anonymous

• Never had this problem, made sure they were home for birthdays! $$$$ is what I always sent them, lots of it!!!!

Answer by older at 1:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I send care packages all the time. I found hats that he likes and anytime I find one in a new color I ship it with other goodies. For his birthday we sent him a few things and a bundle of balloons. This year was our first birthday apart. I hope some day to have my boys all withing decent driving distance and not 2000 miles away

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010