The other women

Have anybody ever had their husband cheat or been with someone married. If so, please elaborate on your situation if you feel comfortable to do so. I am writing a college essay on mistresses, the effects the have on marriages, how things are, and so on. Even if you haven't been through it what would you if it was you.

mommy1572905

Asked by mommy1572905 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• One of the things married men will do is "forget" to tell the other woman he is married. I had a guy tell me he had been divorced for 10 years, which was true. What he failed to tell me was that he had a 2nd wife. He was here for months on business so I had no way of knowing. I even did a background check on him and couldn't find a 2nd marriage.
    I sent him an email that his wife intercepted which is how I learned he was married.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I had two tell me they were widowers, which they were but forgot to tell me they got remarried after the first wife died. I find it interesting that your subject is how the MISTRESS affects the marriage when in fact it is his behavior that ultimately affects the marriage. Good luck on your paper though.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I have not been cheated on and have not cheated. My dad and his current wife were both married when they had their affair with each other. They were both at fault for destroying their own marriages. I know more women who had affairs than men but they cheat for the same reasons they are self absorbed and want someone to make everything about them and make them happy. They find someone with low self esteem who will believe their crap and then start an affair. The other person is irrelevant because had it not been that person it would have been someone else they are no one special just someone that allows the married person to use them. There are some men and women who do target married people but again the married person can say no they don't have to cheat. Affairs don't just happen they are a choice the person makes.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I was the other woman about 9 years ago. A married man tried to date me for over a year. I constantly denied him until one morning I woke up from a night of partying and wasn't sure were I was. I slowly turned over in bed and found him holding me. I was shocked. I could remember having sex but not with who. Since I had already done it I felt that I could continue on. He treated me better than any man have ever treated me in my whole life. He's the reason why I went to college, felt better about my self, apllied for better jobs, etc but eveytime I saw him I cringed at the thought of him being someone else's husband and not mine. I would be quiet when his wife called and listen to stories about his kids. It was all so hard for me. I loved him. I finally had enough and I cut him off. He called and called but I never answered him back. I was late but I wanted a man of my own and not someone else's
    Anonymous

• I've been there and do not choose to be again nor will I I told my husband if this happened again I would cut off his weiner and pickle it and set it on the table as a reminder of what he did!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Answered at 11:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 by: nmgirl87
    the effects it had on my marriage- his lying i can forgive, but cheating, ill never trust him again. not even after us going to marriage counseling, everytime he leaves the house i think he's doing me wrong. everytime he gets a txt msg i think its another women. break my trust once and youll never get it back. now i cant trust any man! id rather be alone then be paranoid and drive myself nuts!

THAT DESCRIBES ME
    Anonymous