• In the Spotlight:

The lost decade......

There he goes again. "what people are calling the lost decade" Obama keeps saying this. He is the ONLY one I have heard call it this. I think this a phrase he is trying to get to stick and no one is picking up. Anyone else calling this the "lost decade". I just dont see it that way!! You?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The Lost Decade happened in Japan. I giggle every time Obama brings it up because it makes him sound that much more ignorant. Specifically, the Lost Decade refers to the period where Japan used a similar economic model that Obama is trying to use now, resulting in a major stagnation in every business sector across the board.

http://www.japan-101.com/history/history_lost_decade.htm

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I have not heard this. Bump for more information
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I recall the last 10 years quite well. It's his roundabout way of blaming Bush w/o using his name.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 10:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well, I wasn't lost! The "lost" decade was very good to me! I had 2 beautiful children, one of which is on the cusp of being recovered from autism and started a successful business. My marriage is fabulous and my faith is strong. I don't intend to "lose" this great decade.

Obama just needs to suck up his own failures. Can you imagine being the wife or child of a man that is willing to blame anyone but himself?

1
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I wasn't lost the last 10 years. Actually, those were my most profitable years. Regardless, Obama needs to stop diverting to the past... How about he work on a better America in the here and now.. While he is at it~how about STOP the projected and some actual spending our children's future away on liberal pet projects and catering deals to the union.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• So nothing new with Obama same old same old..empy suit who has done nothing except triple our debt and blame someone else for his own part of it all.

6

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• By the way no I do not feel it was a lost decade..and yes its his way of saying ITS ALL BUSHS FAULT without having to use the name..folks are sick of it so he switched it up a bit.

6
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I've heard that phrase before and it makes no sense to me at all. Maybe Obama is referring to the last 10 years HE lost spending with his kids because he was busy campaigning and gone all the time? From what he has written, he was seldom home.

The LAST decade was a good and profitable one for our family. I wouldn't call it lost, but rather some of the best years of my life. It's the next decade I'm worried about.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Its just that OBAMA is the ONLY one I have heard use it and I wonder what "people" he is talking about! MY last decade O have had 3 beautiful children, had ups and downs personally, Christmas' and birthdays and girls nights and zoo trips...busy busy!!! FULL of life. We went from a crappy trailer up to an so-so apt and now live in a beautiful house! My dh works very hard and I have been able to stay home with my babies and take pictures on the side! Its been a FANTASTIC decade! Not lost.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Obama is the one who is lost. and what are the numbers for?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010