What kind of birth control?

Okay Im going to the doctor today to get my mirena out and I want another birth control . Mirena was horrid for me . Lots of side effects. Can anyone recommend one for me ?

I really dont want anything inside me and we plan on trying to get pregnant later in the year or begining of next .

Any ideas will be greatful thanks :)

tinamswank

Asked by tinamswank at 10:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would recommend the diaphragm. It has no hormones. If you plan on getting pregnant in a year. Give you body time get all the hormones out. I know lots will say it only takes a few months. But I think why not start know.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Have you considered the fertility awareness method? You chart things like your BBT, and cervical mucus so that you know when to either avoid sex or use a condom or whatever. No side effects, and when you're ready to get pregnant you'll know just when to try!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i love the depo shot been on it after i had all 3 of my boys and havent had any problems at all...
    stefaneebrooks

Answer by stefaneebrooks at 11:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• honestly I was thinking yaz but I have heard so much bad stull about it .
    I heard depo makes you gain weight and have bad periods,, and I will look up the fertillity thing thanks so much :)
    tinamswank

Answer by tinamswank at 11:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i use the depo and havent had any periods and you cant get pregnant becuase you dont ovulate on depo and about the weight gain its all about self control and watching what you eat i have 3 boys and have been on depo with all them and i am 26 and only weigh 120 pounds but it cuz i watch what i eat and have to exercise too..
    stefaneebrooks

Answer by stefaneebrooks at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If you are planning on getting pregnant with in the year I would stick with spermicide they sell it in dissolvable strips, foam, quick melting capsules. You insect it before intercourse. It works great and gives your system a break from the hormones so that you can get pregnant when you want too. I recommend the capsules the strips can melt before you get them in right and stick to your finger. The foam I never tried.  They sell them in the same area of the store they sell condoms.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I used to work with a lady who used the foam and a diaphram together and got pregnant twice. Just be aware there is no method out there that is 100% other than not having sex. I have been off of BC since october and not sure my cycle is right yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My home nurse recommended the Paragard (copper T) it's non hormonal and just as effective as the Mirena, it doesn't stop you from ovulating or anything crazy like that and there is absolutely no weight gain associted with it. It's also an IUD though if that was one of your problems with the Mirena.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• my friend had the copper one and she is now 4 months pregnant and has had alot of problems because she had that in .. think I would be better off with the spermicide thing or regular pill.. thanks everyone
    tinamswank

Answer by tinamswank at 11:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm on Yaz and have been for quite awhile now. I've never had any problems or side effects. I love it. I know there are bad things going around about it, but I had two doctors tell me it was safe.
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010