all about castor oil

how much Castor oil should i take the first time and what is the best thing to take it with drink wise would it be good with milk also i know it gives you the runs and stuff but after i take it if i am having cramps when should i go to the hospital

itsagirl200801

Asked by itsagirl200801 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Stop this nonsense. So many young women are thinking Castor oil is some magical thing. Do NOT take that stuff. You don't need your stomach and bowels cramping at the same time your uterus is cramping. If you want to empty yourself take an enema.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If baby is not ready you will not go into labor. Yes it will just give you the runs and talk about so much fun runing(trying when you are this far along) to the bathroom and hoping you get there in time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You have not worked out when to go to the hospital with your care provider?
    What does your doctor/midwife suggest about that?

What does your baby want-need?
    What is your priority?

You have been told all the risks, about castor oil, I hope.
    I can remind you that this stuff is:
    1. Not fun
    2. Dangerous

*I can guess that you haven't been self-educating if you are asking these questions-- I encourage you to get more information about labor, pregnancy, unnecessary risks. Feel free to message me if you like.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Why would you even take it? Its not risk free and it wont work anyway in most cases. Is it really that hard to let your baby come when its ready?
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010